As a physician recruiter, you want your health system to be recognizable and trustworthy to job-seeking candidates. To do that, you’ll need to draw candidate awareness to your organization, not just your opportunities.
Here are ways to enforce your organization’s brand and attract more physicians and advanced practice providers to your community:
Optimize your social media and web pages
One of the fastest ways to expand your network and build your brand is through social media. Start by inviting potential candidates (yes, even those you’re not pursuing) to connect on platforms like LinkedIn and reach out with a brief introductory message that feels genuine, personal and intentional.
As you gather new connections, you’ll want to plan consistent posts surrounding industry news and updates at your health system. Engage more candidates by including posts that offer a candid look at your community. Something like a routine ’Physician Snapshot’ can help prospects get to know your team. To continue re-enforcing your brand online, you should also:
- Stick to a consistent logo, font and color scheme to establish a familiar style (and maintain it across varying mediums).
- Post opportunities in online groups or forums for residents and job-seeking physicians.
- Participate in relevant conversations that can increase your recognition as a recruiter.
- Use clickable icons on your website that link to your organization’s social media pages.
- Include your logo on social media images when promoting your opportunities or facility.
Distinguish and enhance your job postings and employer profile
Your job postings and employer profile are extremely influential in how your organization is branded to candidates and competitors. As you craft or update your job postings and profile:
- Share the reality of your culture - what it’s really like to be a part of your organization’s team.
- Be conscientious of current events and a candidate’s potential concerns up to this point.
- How has your health system supported and rallied around its health care workers?
- Think about your "elevator pitch" - how would you describe your organization in one minute?
- Consider why YOU work for this health system and channel those reasons when shaping your descriptions.
- Briefly mention notable awards, recognitions and milestones that elevate achievements.
- Include visuals, like a slideshow or video on your profiles to make them more memorable and easily associated with your brand.
Establish a presence at networking events (virtual ones too!)
Right now, many networking events have shifted to virtual experiences. In person or online, networking is a great way to get your organization in front of more candidates. Simply exhibiting at a virtual career fair establishes your organization’s brand by giving candidates:
- Deeper awareness of your health system’s presence and where your community is located
- Access to live conversations where they can ask questions and inquire about your opportunities
- A lasting connection and permanent place in your candidate pipeline
- Resources to help advance their search and continue exploring your facility’s culture and surrounding areas
If you’re interested in further branding your organization and increasing awareness of your opportunities to hundreds of job-seeking physicians and APPs, look into exhibiting at PracticeLink’s new Virtual Career Fairs.
Gain credibility and impressions by advertising
Featuring your organization and opportunities beside trusted content can take your brand’s awareness and credibility to the next level. When you advertise in publications that target job-seeking physicians and APPs, like PracticeLink Magazine or First Practice, The Resident and Fellow Career Guide, you:
- Drive more traffic to your job postings, employer profile, social media pages and website
- Increase candidate awareness of your openings and opportunities
- Establish your practice’s presence and distinct voice in the industry
- Continue to make your brand more identifiable to job-seekers
Employer branding can take many forms. For health systems and recruiters, it’s all about increasing awareness of your organization and being more recognizable to a wider range of job-seeking physicians and APPs. During your recruitment process, take what you know and look for ways to continue building a brand that candidates will remember, trust and pursue as they seek new opportunities and connections.